Increasing Yields with Electric Fields!
The purpose of Electric Fertilizer is to educate and enable growers of all kinds to use electricity for its amazing ways of increasing the speed, yield, and disease resistance of plants. By applying these ideas and methods to your own grow operations, you can take part in expanding upon the knowledge base of electroculture while reaping the rewards as well! In the end, you may be able to enjoy more produce and greater profits, along with a sense of wonder that the world has much more to offer than meets the eye.
Community-Based Research & Discovery: It is our desire to inspire others to start learning about and experimenting with the basic methods of electroculture. As knowledge is gained and shared, we aim to offer additional assistance by collating this knowledge and sharing best practices to maximize results while avoiding the pitfalls.
Our Vision of Electroculture: If we could start growing with electricity, then with boosted yields and minimized time to harvest, then more food can be organically grown in any amount of space. The benefits to society are far and wide - ranging from helping urban communities with providing relief from food deserts, to helping with disaster relief and beyond, and of course to helping commercial growers reap greater profits as well.
Helping All of Humanity: By growing our own food in plant or animal form, we not only feed ourselves safe & nutritious food, but we can all have the abundance that we can share with others. Some say that they don’t have enough room to grow anything – but I disagree as literally tons of food could be grown within a quarter acre of land.
Electroculture is a technology that can help everyone from smallholders to large scale industrial growers. Beyong the obvious uses of improving crop performance, it can help with improving soil fertility, improving food quality, reducing toxic runoff through the use of significantly lower amounts of fertilizer, and more!
Purchase our Book
To help you on your journey into the world of electro-horticulture and to get a head-start into the latest organic high-tech ways to improve your crop output, purchase our book today!
Learn about nature’s secrets for increasing yields, accelerating growth, and protecting against droughts and other calamities. Buy now to learn the history and science behind electroculture, uses & novel applications, and more!
"Been reading your book. Enjoying it throughly." - Justin N, 12/10/2018
"Excellent book because there are zero books out there with this information. But the author did not make it a paper book. and you cant seem to print it out. bumber. Hopefully he puts this into print and contacts me for a free copy. LOL Thank you though. Excellent" - Lisa H., 2/11/2017
"I'm reading an amazing book that explains how atmospheric electricity affects all life on earth and how it can benefit life if we utilize it. < links removed>
If you think this is a bunch of hooobily jubillee read up on the Faraday cage. There is solid proof to back it up." - Mouse1818 on rollitup.org, 7/15/2015
"This is not only a well-researched, well-written book, but it has something for everyone. It has soil chemistry and electrical physics for the scientifically minded, plant physiology for the biologist, and electro-horticulture history for the history buff. If you just want the facts, there are step-by-step instructions on how to construct and best utilize this really cool idea.
While this agricultural technology has been around for a long time, David Wechsler should be commended on bringing it to the forefront. The potential benefits that he outlines in this book could have dramatic worldwide implications. All in all, this is a fantastic book that is a must read for the commercial farmer and home gardener alike." - JC, 4/30/2015
"Anyone who watches their garden grow has probably noticed and increase in the perkiness and vigor of their plants after an electric storm. In Electro-Horticulture David Wechsler gives us a better understanding of this phenomena. We are apprised of the science and history of Electro-Horticulture. Wechsler's enthusiasm is contagious. After reading I feel eager and fully enabled apply the principles of Electro-Horticulture to my seedlings using an old cell phone charger and iron nails. More exciting though is the ways Electro-horticulture can potentially be applied by bigger minds to larger scale sustainable agriculture. A very recommended read for all." - Katharine, 3/5/2015
Also available at Amazon.com
For those new to electroculture, eager to experience a taste of what's possible, send us a message via the contact form for getting early access to our latest systems under development.
Would electroculture be considered organic?
Yes! Electroculture mimics naturally-occurring crop stimulation effects like those from passing thunderstorms and telluric earth currents. Nothing artificial is added to the soil that isn’t added in by Mother Nature herself.
Is electroculture safe? I don’t want to grow any Frankenstein-like fruits & vegetables!
Electroculture is completely safe. The HarvestStorm system is designed to stimulate plant growth and soil microbial activities through the use of very low voltages and currents. The amount of current going to each plant in your greenhouse is extremely low, large enough to power an electronic watch or perhaps a single LED light and nothing more.
With regards to the plants and their fruits & vegetables – they LOVE electroculture for the following reasons:
• It stimulates microbial soil activities, creating healthier soil while encouraging the growth of healthy aerobic microbes. These microbes are known to be in symbiotic relationships with the plants that grow around them, e.g. helping with converting nitrogen to forms they can use and providing natural immune support – like in the formation of natural antibiotics for the plant, etc.
• It puts the plant’s metabolism into high gear… one effect is that it increases the plants’ water and mineral uptake rate. This means that plants grown via this method are highly nutrient-dense, providing greater nutrition to those who consume their fruits, vegetables, and other outputs.
• It increases growth rate, and yield of the plant. By a number of measures, plants grown with electroculture experience a number of beneficial effects including increases in root mass, growth rate and wet & dry weight.
• Other beneficial attributes that occur include: increased number budding sites, larger leaf area, darker leaf pigmentation, thicker stems, greater resistance to a wide array of pathogens including insects, molds, rusts, bacteria, viral infections, and more!
What are the disadvantages of electroculture?
There are a few:
1. Over the course of time, in mostly outdoor settings, results haven’t been necessarily consistent. By focusing on the use of electroculture in controlled environments, we expect to achieved desired results with consistency during every grow cycle.
2. The type of electrical stimulation that positively effects one plant, may not be the same on another plant. It is for this reason that the HarvestStorm system is designed to help growers with experimenting with different means of stimulation. When the best method is determined, it can be deployed at to your entire crop with ease.
3. A side-effect of the use of this form of electroculture is electrode degradation. Over time, based on the stimulation characteristics, soil type, and other variables, they will deteriorate over time and will need to occasionally be replaced.
HarvestStorm System Questions
How does the system help me optimize crop growth?
By applying our custom-designed treatment protocols to your crops, the benefits above can be realized. The HarvestStorm system is designed to make it easy to stimulate each of your plants in a number of ways. With a growing number of stimulation options, we aim to help growers with discovering the perfect set of stimulation protocols that will drastically improve yields and other factors.
About the Founder
David Wechsler, Founder of ElectricFertilizer.com
With a background in electrical engineering (MSEE) & systems thinking, David has combined many of his interests from the fields of engineering, permaculture, energy medicine, and more into the development of Electric Fertilizer. While he come across the technology of electroculture while in high-school, it was about 20 years later when he resurrected his interest in the subject after getting involved with setting up a permaculture garden at his homestead.
After a simple experiment to give it a try "blew his mind"... he dove in deep to investigate the secrets of plant electrification. A few years' later, he published his book on Amazon and on other sites. He's now looking to expand his reach by promoting the technology more and developing products to facilitate adoption across a wide array of users.
Read our articles on Medium!
Thunderstorms: Nature’s Crop-Enhancement Technology
An Introduction to the Science of Electroculture
More to come soon...
Thanks for visiting...
If you find our content interesting and you're interested in staying in touch, reach out to us!